SRP is one of the largest public power and water utilities in the U.S. providing electricity to approximately one million customers in the greater metropolitan Phoenix area. Since its founding in 1903, SRP has fostered a culture of stewardship and customer service consistently ranking as an industry leader in customer service according to J.D. Power. SRP continues to adapt to its changing business environment by seeking innovative ways to reimagine utility service and the provision of critical resources essential to the life and economy of Arizona.
SRP is seeking an experienced Data professional to assist with the delivery of its enterprise data governance objectives. The Data Governance Analyst is responsible for assessing the confidentiality, integrity, andavailability (CIA) requirements of SRP data hosted both on and off premise. The Analyst uses the CIA assessment results to: 1) create Data Usage Agreements between business data owners and their integrating partners; 2) specify minimum requirements for the appropriate data architectures and controls. The Analyst is also responsible for working with business data experts to foster the stewardship of structured data across the enterprise. The Analyst utilizes the Collibra Data Governance Center to manage data classifications and data governance workflows. The Analysts responsibilities may broaden in the future to include work on data quality and master data management projects.
- Performs IT work in Content Management, Data Center Operations, Data Analysis, Data Transformation, Data Migration, Reporting, Quality Assurance or Desktop Management
- Performs as a Project Leader and is responsible for planning, scheduling and monitoring projects
- Work collaboratively with departments to effectively communicate progress and performance
- Identify trends and root causes of challenges, determines solutions, and makes recommendations for management consideration
- Applies SRP and IT processes/methods, practices and techniques to deliver solutions
- Specific Details regarding this position
- Supports ongoing efforts to classify critical data elements for confidentiality, integrity, andavailability (CIA) requirements
- Identifies as process owner for the security assessments of data hosted in Cloud solutions
- Manages data classification results within the Collibra Data Governance Center
- Creates and maintains data governance workflows within the Collibra Data Governance Center. Partnering with business data owners to implement data governance processes and workflows
Completion of a Bachelor's Degree from an accredited institution that prepares the employee for the assignment.
Promotion to Level 2 requires a minimum of two years of experience at Level 1; demonstrated capability to perform advanced and more difficult work as determined by the supervisor. Promotion to Senior Level requires a minimum of three-years of experience at Level 2; is fully competent in all aspects of functional area of assignment and as such would be recognized as a specialist in area of assignment and may have periodic or occasional lead responsibilities.
- 3 years of experience in a central data governance role
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with classifying data for confidentiality, integrity, andavailability in conformance with legal, ethical and regulatory requirements (NERC CIP, HIPAA, NACHA, etc.)
- The ability to explain the benefits of data governance to business stakeholders
- The ability to provide data governance consulting and training to business data stewards
- Experience with developing and documenting data governance processes for data classification and handling
High level knowledge of relational and NoSQL database management systems
Understands data quality management and master data management processes
Data governance experience in a Power Utility or other regulated industry is a plus
Experience with the Collibra Data Governance Center (or similar) is a plus
Responsible for planning, scheduling and monitoring, for projects. Occasional contacts with vendors of software, equipment and services. Occasional travel to industry organizational functions and SRP facilities. Ability to work effectively using the services of various organizational groups within SRP. Depending on assignment, frequent requirement to work with confidential data such as payroll and employee information.
Future responsibilities may include support of data quality and master data management processes and software solutions
EOE - SRP encourages a diverse workforce
All candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
Currently, SRP does not sponsor H1B visas.
Why Work at SRP
SRP's success is rooted in our employees' happiness, health and safety. That's why we offer a comprehensive benefits package to meet the needs of our employees and enhance their well-being. In addition to competitive pay and performance incentives, eligible employees can take advantage of the following benefits:
401(k) plan with employer matching
Medical, vision, dental and life insurance
Short and long-term disability plans
or contact us at email@example.com
• Post ID: 63802562 phoenix