As part of the Professional Services team, you will work with Intel Security's Risk and Compliance Line - Solution Services Team. This full-time position will provide hands-on and remote best-in-class software security architecture, code development, installation and configuration of our McAfee SIEM product.
You will need to possess a broad knowledge of modern security terminology and controls and be able to directly map and address complex security requirements COBIT, PCI-DSS, FISMA, ITIL, etc. to Intel Security's security products.
If you have direct experience with similar SIEM/log analysis technologies and a background in security application architecture or strong pre-sales/sales engineering/training experience in these areas we would encourage you to apply.
This position can be located anywhere in the United States near a metropolitan area for ease of travel. Able to work from home office or from an Intel site.
Responsibilities include the following:
- Deliver onsite and remote security application/endpoint protection designs, implementations and training for a wide variety of customers
- Be able to identify gaps in application and endpoint security architecture and recommend strategies using a combination of industry-standard security best practices, software controls and other necessary changes to promote a higher level of information security practices
- Write formal engagement reports, architecture designs, optimization guides and best-practice white papers covering a variety of security topics
- Participate in conference calls, onsite meetings and roundtables with customers, sales, internal product development and support to gather data, scope new and existing work, evaluate or suggest new product features and assist in resolving existing product issues-
- Recognize and generate potential product and consulting services sales leads when appropriate and necessary
- Be able to illustrate and explain use cases for implementation of SIEM alarms, watchlists, reporting and correlations of data from and covering multiple data sources
- 20% of position requires technical writing.
- B.S. or B.A. in Computer Science, Information Technology, or ICT-related field required
- A minimum of 75% travel within the U.S. and Canada is required
- Prior experience of two 2 or more years within an Information Security consulting, analysis or management role where log analysis technologies were principal technologies actively used.
- Detailed understanding of the TCP and IP protocol suites and ability to dissect and explain the contents of traffic and packets
- Experience with configuration of debug, event generation and logging functionality within application and operating systems, using Syslog or flat file generation
- Design, implement and optimize applications within a virtualized environment
- Excellent English oral and written communication skill
- Post-graduate degree or coursework in an ICT-related field preferred
- Two or more security or vendor certifications e.g. CISSP, Cisco, Checkpoint, SANS, ISACA, ISC2, VMWare, McAfee, database certifications, etc.
- Any experience with McAfee core technologies for Endpoint or Network Security Prior experience using SIEMs/SEMS Experience working in a NOC/SOC environment
Inside this Business Group
The Intel Security Group combines employees from McAfee and Intel – people with security expertise in hardware, software, and solutions into one business unit focused on building hardware, software, services and end-to-end security solutions. Intel Security Group sets the stage for new levels of collaboration and innovation and will drive leadership in the industry by providing ubiquitous security and identity protection for people and businesses worldwide.
Posting Statement. Intel prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.
Click here for more info: http://jobs.intel.com/ShowJob/Id/1141535/IT-Security-Consultant-Risk-amp;-Compliance/
• Post ID: 45970607 phoenix