SRP is one of the largest public power and water utilities in the U.S. providing electricity to approximately one million customers in the greater metropolitan Phoenix area. Since its founding in 1903, SRP has fostered a culture of stewardship and customer service consistently ranking as an industry leader in customer service according to J.D. Power. SRP continues to adapt to its changing business environment by seeking innovative ways to reimagine utility service and the provision of critical resources essential to the life and economy of Arizona.
Provide information technology services to SRP. Assists in developing and implementing operational plans associated with the administration of the SRP''s corporate network including: routers, switches, remote access, firewalls, ISP connections, proxy, DNS, security information and event management (SIEM),performance monitoring and troubleshooting. Participationin the development and utilization of industry best practice processes and procedures. Required to be on call with occasional callouts to support the SRP's corporate network.
- Key contributor in the full lifecycle of network security management
- Project Leader responsible for planning, scheduling and monitoring projects
- Operates in a networking environment
- Assists in the development and implementation of security policies, procedures and measures
- Evaluates and recommends security products for various platforms
- Identify trends and root causes of challenges, determines solutions, and makes recommendations for management consideration
- Troubleshoot and solve problems in a time-critical environment, working simultaneously on a variety of tasks with varying degrees of complexity
- Applies SRP and IT processes/methods, practices and techniques to deliver solutions
Completion of a Bachelor's Degree from an accredited institution that prepares the employee for the assignment.
Promotion to Level 2 requires a minimum of two years of experience at Level 1; demonstrated capability to perform advanced and more difficult work as determined by the supervisor. Promotion to Senior Level requires a minimum of three-years of experience at Level 2; is fully competent in all aspects of functional area of assignment and as such would be recognized as a specialist in area of assignment and may have periodic or occasional lead responsibilities.
Network Specific Knowledge and Skills:
- Knowledge of network routing, switching, communications protocols, OSI model and experience in designing, deploying and supporting an enterprise network
- Expert knowledge of LAN/WAN systems, networks and applications
- Work collaboratively with departments to effectively communicate progress and performance
- Position requires:
- Excellent teamwork, communications and customer service skills
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Proven communication skills; including the ability to write clearly and succinctly in a variety of communication settings and styles
- Demonstrated leadership, teamwork, and customer service skills are essential
- Knowledge and understanding of SRP's business units is desired
- Experience in multiple areas of networking technology including routers, switches, firewalls, proxy, and network security and is preferred
- Experience with network performance monitoring and troubleshooting toolsis desirable
- Experience with network access control (NAC) technologies is desirable
EOE - SRP encourages a diverse workforce
All candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
Currently, SRP does not sponsor H1B visas.
Why Work at SRP
SRP's success is rooted in our employees' happiness, health and safety. That's why we offer a comprehensive benefits package to meet the needs of our employees and enhance their well-being. In addition to competitive pay and performance incentives, eligible employees can take advantage of the following benefits:
401(k) plan with employer matching
Medical, vision, dental and life insurance
Short and long-term disability plans
or contact us at email@example.com
• Post ID: 63640412 phoenix