Posted: Friday, January 5, 2018 2:58 AM
Oldcastle Precast is the leading manufacturer of precast concrete, polymer concrete, and plastic products in the United States. Our products range from utility vaults, reinforced concrete pipe, catch basins, drainage and septic tanks, to retaining walls, storm shelters, wall panels, concrete barriers, a variety of prestressed concrete productsand more. With more than 80 locations nationwide and 3,000 plus employees, Oldcastle Precast is committed to upholding core values of reliability, quality, and service in cutting edge ways.
Oldcastle Precast is looking for a Procurement Manager to join our Precast West, based out of Chandler, AZ.
This position will be a key resource in driving reductions in total supplier costs and strategically managing supplier relationships in order to improve the Oldcastle Precast West region's profitability and competitive position. The Procurement Manager is responsible for managing spend categories through the use of the Oldcastle's strategic sourcing process as well as implementing a supply chain program that optimizes inventory levels to support production needs and reduce TWC. The Procurement Manager will work directly with suppliers, plant managers, plant purchasing personnel, and other key internal stakeholders to ensure program objectives are achieved and measured.
Develop and implement category strategies : Work extensively with operations team to develop and implement sourcing strategies to address cost, quality and service expectations and deliver innovative products and solutions. Primary focus will be raw materials, parts, and services relevant to operations. Key to developing value for the West operations will be to determine when to utilize national purchasing agreements or to develop targeted regional and market:based savings programs.
- Employ the Oldcastle strategic sourcing process
- Capitalize on supplier capabilities and market trends
- Utilize creative approaches to reduce total cost, e.g. reduce demand, and develop negotiation strategies with that consider alternative materials
- Conduct effective supplier negotiations with clear outcomes
- Formulate roll:out and implementation plans including supplier and employee communication
- Prepare contingency plans to mitigate risk on supply and cost
Manage category costs
- Develop and meet cost reduction targets
- Coordinate category savings programs; track and report savings
- Communicate cost changes with mitigation plans to address upward price movement
- Analyze total costs including life cycle and demand (volume and product usage); standardization and substitution opportunities, and lean (smart) inventory levels
- Maintain cost and product / service information in current and future procurement systems and support the utilization of e:procurement technologies
Implement transactional purchasing systems
- Assist with the integration and rollout of a P2P system
- Assist with vendor preparation and catalog development
- Train users
Manage supplier relationships and performance : Establish relationships, processes and initiatives that contribute to the overall development, improvement and delivery of supplier performance
- Execute contracts and service level agreements
- Measure internal application of contracts
- Measure supplier performance to service levels and other contractual obligations
- Develop performance processes to incorporate metrics and establish continuous improvement plans
- Manage product discontinuations
• Location: Phoenix
• Post ID: 67713107 phoenix