As a Memory & Integrated Circuit (IC) Commodity Manager you serve as primary commercial contact for all memory and IC needs for designated Intel Business Units (BUs), inclusive of Product Teams, Engineering Teams and other critical Intel stakeholders. You will partner with the BU to define and deliver a supply chain design for memory and IC devices that meets Cost, Quality, Availability, Technology and ESG targets throughout all phases of the product life cycle. You will use your wide industry knowledge, commodity expertise and supplier relationships to optimize Intel’s memory and IC supply chain design and strategy. Externally you will serve as a Business Unit expert when interfacing with suppliers, communicate Intel’s Business Unit specific memory and IC needs to suppliers and ensure support from the installed supply base.
- Leads supplier selection (RFx) activities and secures supplier selection alignment with key stakeholders and leadership within the MICS team as well as the BU.
- Develops procurement strategy to include allocation, inventory, and utilization strategies.
- Develops and executes negotiation plans for contracts and pricing. Benchmarks costs and prices, ensures affordability targets are understood and met, aligns BU partners on price forecasts.
- Understands industry roadmaps, identifies gaps & recommends actions to ensure support of Intel’s Business Unit product roadmaps.
- Gathers commodity and product specific market Intelligence including but not limited to price trends and industry capacity
- Monitors and manages supplier performance
- Manages tactical and mid-range supply, delivering monthly forecasts to suppliers and secures support responses. Manages and monitors ATM, ODM, or OSAT supply line to deliver target service levels.
- Develops and executes supplier specific strategies
Inside this Business Group
• Bachelor or Master Degree in Supply Chain, Business Administration, Economics, or other related field of study
• Previous experience in Supply Chain/Business/Finance experience (6+ years with a Bachelor degree, 4+ years with a Masters, or 2+ years with a Ph.D.)
• Available to travel 10-20% in US and Asia.
• Skilled at developing & leveraging effective business partnerships at all levels in the organization internally and externally.
• Demonstrated ability to create alternative approaches to overcome roadblocks, able to identify and capitalized on opportunities, and make quality decisions despite incomplete information.
• Capable of strategic thinking based on knowledge of key market dynamics, industry expertise, Intel plans and objectives. Able to identify intended and unintended implications of strategic initiatives.
• Consistent record of achieving significant business results. Aligns goals and timelines to stakeholder expectation, highlights roadblocks and solutions to overcome them.
• Demonstrated ability to successfully deploy broad range of supply chain techniques and methodologies to achieve results.
As the world's largest chip manufacturer, Intel strives to make every facet of semiconductor manufacturing state-of-the-art -- from semiconductor process development and manufacturing, through yield improvement to packaging, final test and optimization, and world class Supply Chain and facilities support. Employees in the Technology and Manufacturing Group are part of a worldwide network of design, development, manufacturing, and assembly/test facilities, all focused on utilizing the power of Moore’s Law to bring smart, connected devices to every person on Earth
Posting Statement. Intel prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.
Click here for more info: http://jobs.intel.com/ShowJob/Id/1103042/Commodity-Manager/
• Post ID: 45955839 phoenix