Job Function: Supervisor
Job Type: Full-Time
Min Education: BA/BS/Undergraduate
Since 1987, the team at Cafe Valley has produced muffins, bundt cakes, ring cakes, loaf cakes, danishes, turnovers, croissants, and our signature Cafe Bites for our customers throughout the United States and across the world. Demand for our products has grown to the extent that our state-of-the-art, Phoenix, AZ production facility built in 2011 was joined by our Marion, IN production facility in 2014. Through innovative bakery techniques and unique recipes, we continue to delight one bite at a time.
Café Valley Core Values:
- Customer Service
The Production Supervisor is primarily responsible to provide excellent support to the Plant Manager and excellent customer service to all associates and visitors. The Production Supervisor will be responsible for the supervisory management within the production areas and for ensuring that all assigned tasks are delivered on time, according to the production specification while complying with any and all Federal, State, Local, or customer requirements, including OSHA, AIB and all Café Valley Bakery standards.
Essential functions and responsibilities:
- Plan the day to day allocation of resources (equipment, people, materials and systems) in order to efficiently, safely and cost effectively achieves performance targets as agreed with Production Management.
- Document daily production activities and review results against established targets and report variances during on-the-floor and review meetings.
- Review daily maintenance effectiveness and work with staff from both Operations and Maintenance to identify opportunities for improvement. Prioritize, request, and ensure equipment maintenance and repairs are completed to maximize efficiency.
- Responsible for all supervisory activities including, but not limited to, scheduling, performance, hiring, discipline, coaching, training and development and termination recommendations.
- Ensure focused improvement tools are effectively utilized in all problem solving situations to address root causes of failures and support continuous improvement initiatives.
- Facilitate transitions between shifts and seamless handoffs and communicate key information to peers, team members and Production Management.
- Maintain a safe work environment at all times by having safe work instructions, practices, and procedures in place for all positions and ensuring that employees are trained to understand and comply with those procedures. Apply corrective action consistently when required.
- Ensure compliance with all quality and food safety programs through regular adherence to Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s), performance of sanitation audits, food safety checks (HACCP), and product quality checks conducted according to organization policies. Actively participate in prevention and correction of quality-related errors.
- Participate in continuous improvement initiatives by identifying opportunities and recommending changes within own area of responsibility
- Working knowledge of good manufacturing practices, hazard analysis and critical control points, lean manufacturing and other food safety, quality and manufacturing principles.
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing and verbally with employees at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to work with employees at all levels and to motivate direct reports; specifically mentoring and coaching individuals and identifying short- and long-term development needs and providing appropriate support.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities at one time using effective organizational skills and judgment in an environment of frequently changing circumstances.
- Bachelors Degree
- Proficient in MS Office applications such as Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Word.
- Excellent communication, conflict management, decision-making, motivational and organizational skills required.
- Strong self-confidence and leadership skills required.
- Basic Mechanical skills required.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish)
Steps to Apply for Open Positions at CafeValley
- Log onto www.cafevalley.com
- Drag mouse over the Job Search Tab – then click on FAQ’s
- Under the question “How do I apply for a job at the Phoenix, AZ Bakery” Click on the light blue word that’s reads “here”
- Click on the Title of the position (Production Supervisor)
- Then Click on the APPLY icon
Contact Person: Windle Pompey
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Post ID: 68111262 phoenix