What you’ll be doing...
This position is responsible for the proper operation of a large group of Network Elements. Duties in support of interdepartmental objectives, to include preventative and remedial maintenance, installation, optimization, building and ground upkeep, and integration of network hardware and interconnect facilities. Other responsibilities include maintaining and repairing all base station equipment and transmitters; maintaining site and test equipment inventories; testing and analyzing network coverage to ensure contiguous communication and network integrity and quality; updating daily logs with site-specific information; composing clear and concise reports for system documentation; and performing audits as required by local, regional, Area, Corporate or Regulatory agencies. The Engineer is expected to be able to perform his duties with little supervision, and participate in cross-functional projects as scheduled.
- Performs preventative and remedial maintenance on all base station and transmitter equipment. Performs installation and optimization of same. Performs routine building and grounds maintenance and inspections. Integrates Network hardware and interconnect facilities.
- Analyzes network coverage to ensure contiguous communication and network integrity. Makes recommendations to engineering for improving network coverage and implement.
- Maintains inventories of test equipment, base station, and transmitters.
- Updates daily logs with site-specific information.
- Completes drive testing and interference hunting tasks.
- Composes clear and concise reports for system documentation.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Associate degree or two or more years work experience.
- Two or more years of relevant work experience.
- Telecommunications experience.
- Ability to lift up to 60 lbs.
- Valid driver’s license.
Even better if you have:
- Bachelor degree preferred in a technical field.
- 2 or more years of experience plus electronics training in one or more of the following fields: telecommunications, two-way radio, paging, or microwave radio, or fiber optics.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the following technologies and/or platforms: voice cells infrastructure experience including: Lucent, CDMA data; LTE, telecom experience including: Fiber Optics, DACS, OMP; computer support experience including: PC hardware and configurations, troubleshooting; and power experience including: Galaxy, Lorain, DC distribution systems, and troubleshooting.
- Intermediate training in 3 or more of the following areas: data communications, digital communications, operating systems and applications, telecommunications, computer support, project management, and/or power.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Outlook.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/6888844-network-field-assurance-engineer
• Post ID: 52641928 phoenix